Apalachicola-Chattahoochee-Flint (ACF) River Basin Stakeholders
Unicoi State Park and Lodge
September 12 – 14, 2012
1:30 pm Wednesday – 12:30 pm Friday
Join us for the next Governing Board Meeting at Unicoi State Park near Helen, GA. This meeting has a very full agenda including an update on the organization’s Sustainable Water Management Plan and Instream Flow Assessment as well as a report from the Corps of Engineers and a Water Management Expert Panel among other topics. The Expert Panel will provide input on successful water management plans based on their own experiences. Here is a summary:
Meeting Objectives/Desired Outcomes:
- Receive an update from the Technical Oversight and Contracting Work Group (TOCWG) including status updates on performance criteria, IFA, unimpaired flows, water demands and other SWMP/IFLLA tasks;
- Discuss potential next Phase of SWMP;
- Learn about recent climate change assessments and the potential implications to water management in the ACF Basin
- Discuss water management alternatives with expert panel;
- Hear update from US Army Corps of Engineers on Water Control Manual and June 2012 Remand Modeling Technical Report
- Hear updates from The University Collaborative (TUC) and River Forecast Center;
- Learn about USGS WaterSMART efforts in the ACF;
- Learn about other ACFS committee and work group activities, and organize next steps including:
- Financial report and learn about ongoing fundraising activities;
- Update on membership recruitment activities;
- Intergovernmental Affairs and Education and Outreach.
- Suggest topics for next Governing Board meeting and plan next steps.
The full agenda is posted here. The pre-meeting packet will be posted on the same page closer to the meeting date.
Click here to subscribe to the organization’s quarterly newsletter.